Frequently Asked Questions
- ARRIVALS is a key part of the annual Sligo Live programme providing a showcase for emerging bands and artists with a variety of acts playing gigs free or with a token cover charge in all sorts of venues around Sligo. 2016 ARRIVALS slots have all been filled but you can apply for a place in 2017 by dropping us an e-mail with an .mp3 of your music or preferably a link to your material. In light of the many hundreds of applications we receive it is not possible to reply to all but we do listen to everything we receive.
2016 Arrivals Applications are now closed, but if you wish you may leave an application for 2017 arrivals.
We’d like to thank all those who applied so far to play at Sligo Live 2016/2017. Due to the volume of applications we have been unable to reply to each submission individually, but rest assured we listen to everything we receive.
- Tickets are on sale on from SligoLive.ie, Hawk’s Well Theatre, Sligo, telephone (+353) 071 916 1518 and Ticketmaster outlets nationwide or online. Early booking is advised.
- The Weekend Ticket gives you access to all events advertised throughout the Sligo Live Festival from Friday 28th to Monday 31st October. We advise arriving 15 minutes prior to a performance to ensure access.
- Early Bird tickets have already sold out.
- Stay tuned to the news section of the website, or connect with the festival via Twitter or Facebook .
- If you wish to apply for press accreditation please apply to:
- Phone: 003531 207 0496 / 207 0497
Mobile: 00353 86 1741 882
- Every year, the festival is supported by a dedicated team of volunteers. If you are interested in the areas of event management, marketing, or would like to meet new people, please email us at
- Sligo is now only two and half hours from Dublin city, and accessible by the following routes:
Irish Rail direct line Dublin to Sligo.
Bus Eireann direct route Dublin to Sligo.
Ireland West Airport at Knock (NOC) has direct flights to London Gatwick, Stansted and Luton, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands ,Edinburgh , (Portugal)Faro and (Spain)Malaga-Tenerife-Lanzarote. The Airport is 45 minutes from Sligo and is well served by a regular Bus Eireann service Route 64 Ireland West Airport Knock – Sligo & Return. Car hire is also available at the airport.
Click here for more details on directions to Sligo
- Many of the festival venues are within easy walking distance of each other. See the map in our festival programme. Bus Eireann offer a local bus service around Sligo town and county. Taxis, bike and car hire are also available.
- Check out our special offer listings for offers from accommodation providers who actively support Sligo Live Sessions.
Where can I buy tickets for Sligo Live 2017?
What does a weekend festival pass give access to?
When do the Early Bird Ticket go on sale?
Where can I find the most up to date information about Sligo Live?
I am a journalist/photographer – how do I apply for press accreditation?
Carmody Smith PR
How do I get involved with Sligo Live?
What is the best way to travel to Sligo?
Can you recommend how to travel around Sligo?
Can you recommend places to stay in Sligo during Sligo Live?